I'm not patriotic, nor am I nationalistic. I am not racist, discriminatory, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic nor do I dislike animals. If I ever behave or seem like that, for whatever reason, I feel terrible, but it is a human instinct to be afraid of those different to you, or those who appear different, and I am guilty of making this mistake many times. But I try and that's the important thing I believe.
But hey, this isn't about me. It's about where I live. It's about my country and everyone elses. But I am so confused. My history teaches me one thing and my current philosophy teaches me another. What I see around me, not only in my own country, but in the World also, is chaos. Nothing from my history tells me that this is good, nor does it make me feel proud. This is the State of Things that I talk about here and all that it taking place in this very period of our lives. My generation, the Thatcher generation, are probably feeling very bewildered. Everything she taught us now seems alien and evil, when everybody seems to be out for themselves and the world seems to revolve around money, power and greed.
But I want to steer clear of politics. I don't see myself as political anymore and I see little point in discussing it with anyone. It bores me. I just can't see what difference any political opinion makes any more when, in a democracy that we supposedly have in the UK, there seems little point in voting, and when we do we still go to war and hate each other.
But hey, this isn't about me. It's about where I live. It's about my country and everyone elses. But I am so confused. My history teaches me one thing and my current philosophy teaches me another. What I see around me, not only in my own country, but in the World also, is chaos. Nothing from my history tells me that this is good, nor does it make me feel proud. This is the State of Things that I talk about here and all that it taking place in this very period of our lives. My generation, the Thatcher generation, are probably feeling very bewildered. Everything she taught us now seems alien and evil, when everybody seems to be out for themselves and the world seems to revolve around money, power and greed.
But I want to steer clear of politics. I don't see myself as political anymore and I see little point in discussing it with anyone. It bores me. I just can't see what difference any political opinion makes any more when, in a democracy that we supposedly have in the UK, there seems little point in voting, and when we do we still go to war and hate each other.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home